WSO2 Governance Registry 3.0.3 Release Notes
24 Jan 2010
The WSO2 Governance Registry team is pleased to announce the 3.0.3 release of the WSO2 Governance Registry. WSO2 Governance Registry is a user-friendly, but comprehensive enterprise governance, registry and repository solution available under the Apache Software License v2.0. WSO2 Governance Registry is pre-loaded with best practices to help users with governance adoption. WSO2 Governance Registry is fully integrated to the WSO2 Carbon platform with the 3.0.3 release. This allows WSO2 Governance Registry users to benefit from the flexibility and extensibility provided by the Carbon platform. WSO2 Governance Registry can be either used as a complete product or used incombination with components of other WSO2 products. User specific components, extensions or UIs to the WSO2 Governance Registry can be easily added as Carbon components.
We are striving for a simple and happy first time user experience as well as a satisfying experienced user experience with this release.
Features of WSO2 Governance Registry
- Intuitive User Interface with an Ajax-based Web 2.0 interface
- Dependency management - maintain relationships between dependent resources for impact analysis
- Managing users and roles
- Authentication and authorization on all resources and actions
- Activity log and monitoring with filtering support for the activity logs
- Subscribe to resources, collections, comments, tags, etc. with any standard feed reader (Bloglines, Google Reader, etc)
- Storing and managing arbitrary resources and collections
- Tagging, commenting and rating
- Advanced search capabilities - tags, users, etc.
- Built in media type support for common types (WSDL, XSD)
- Pluggable media type handlers for handling custom media types
- Atom Publishing Protocol (APP) support for reading/writing the data store remotely
- Java client for remote access via APP
- Based on the OSGi based WSO2 Carbon architecture. This is a unification of all Java based products from WSO2.
- Advanced service governance through, discovery, impact analysis, versioning and automatically extraction of service meta data
- Dashboard support with gadgets with design-time and run-time governance information
- Advanced Life cycle management with checklists.
- Validation policies. e.g. WSDL Validation, WS-I Validation and Schema Validation
- Eventing and notifications
- Supports remote links, symbolic links for resources
- Attach remote WSO2 Governance Registry instances, providing one interface for many WSO2 Governance Registry instances
- Support for processing custom URL patterns via pluggable URL handlers
- Support for custom query languages via pluggable query processors
- Import/export resources and collections
- Enhanced admin UI
- Improved transaction support.
- Support for WebSphere, WebLogic, and JBoss.
- P2 based provisioning for WSO2 Carbon family of products.
- Support for clustering.
New Features in This Release
- Numerous bug fixes.
- Home page : http://wso2.org/projects/governance-registry
- Library : http://wso2.org/taxonomy/term/350/all
- Wiki : http://wso2.org/wiki/display/registry
- JIRA-Issue Tracker : https://wso2.org/jira/browse/REGISTRY
- QA Artifacts :
Wiki : http://wso2.org/wiki/display/registry/Quality+Assurance
SVN : http://wso2.org/repos/wso2/trunk/commons/qa/registry
Installation and Running
- Extract the downloaded zip file
- Run the wso2server.sh or wso2server.bat file in the /bin directory
- Once the server starts, point your Web browser to https://localhost:9443/carbon/
- Remote WSO2 Governance Registry API doesn't support User Management
Reporting ProblemsIssues can be reported using the public JIRA available at https://wso2.org/jira/browse/REGISTRY
Contact usWSO2 Governance Registry developers can be contacted via the mailing lists:
For Users: email@example.com
For Developers: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, questions can also be raised in the WSO2 Governance Registry forum: