The WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) 2.1.0 Released!
The WSO2 ESB team is pleased to announce the release of version 2.1.0 of the Open Source Enterprise Service Bus (ESB).
WSO2 ESB is a lightweight and easy-to-use Open Source Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) available under the Apache Software License v2.0. WSO2 ESB allows administrators to simply and easily configure message routing, intermediation, transformation, logging, task scheduling, load balancing, failover routing, event brokering, etc.. The runtime has been designed to be completely asynchronous, non-blocking and streaming based on the Apache Synapse core.
WSO2 ESB 2.1.0 is developed on top of the revolutionary Carbon platform (Middleware a' la carte), and is based on the OSGi framework to achieve the better modularity for your SOA architecture. This also contains a lots of new features and many other optional components to customize the behavior of the server. Further, if you do not want any of the built in features, you can uninstall those features without any trouble. In other words, this ESB can be customized to your SOA needs.
You can download this distribution from http://wso2.org/downloads/esb and give it a try.
How to Run
- Extract the downloaded zip
- Go to the bin directory in the extracted folder
- Run the wso2server.sh or wso2server.bat as appropriate
- Point your browser to the URL https://localhost:9443/carbon
- Use "admin", "admin" as the username and password to login as an admin and create a user account
- Assign the required permissions to the user through a role
- If you need to start the OSGi console with the server use the property -DosgiConsole when starting the server. The INSTALL.txt file found on the installation directory will give you a comprehensive set of options and properties that can be passed into the startup script
- Samples configurations can be started by the wso2esb-samples script passing the sample number with the -sn option, please have a look at the samples guide for more information, on running samples
Key Features of WSO2 ESB
- Proxy services - facilitating synchronous/asynchronous transport, interface (WSDL/Schema/Policy), message format (SOAP 1.1/1.2, POX/REST, Text, Binary), QoS (WS-Addressing/WS-Security/WS-RM) and optimization switching (MTOM/SwA).
- Non-blocking HTTP/S transports based on Apache HttpCore for ultrafast execution and support for thousands of connections at high concurreny with constant memory usage.
- Built in Registry/Repository, facilitating dynamic updating and reloading of the configuration and associated resources (e.g. XSLTs, XSD, WSDL, Policies, JS, Configurations ..)
- Built in support for scheduling tasks using the Quartz scheduler.
- Load-balancing (with or without sticky sessions)/Fail-over, and clustered Throttling and Caching support
- WS-Security, WS-Reliable Messaging, Caching & Throttling configurable via (message/operation/service level) WS-Policies
- Lightweight, XML and Web services centric messaging model
- Support for industrial standards (Hessian binary web service protocol/ Financial Information eXchange protocol and optional Helth Level-7 protocol)
- Enhanced support for the VFS(File/FTP/SFTP)/JMS/Mail transports with optional TCP/UDP transports and transport switching for any of the above transports
- Support for message splitting & aggregation using the EIP and service callouts
- Database lookup & store support with DBMediators with reusable database connection pools
- WS-Eventing support with event sources and event brokering
- Rule based mediation of the messages using the Drools rule engine
- Transactions support via the JMS transport and Transaction mediator for database mediators
- Internationalized GUI management console with user/permission management for configuration development and monitoring support with statistics, configurable logging and tracing
- JMX monitoring support and JMX management capabilities like, Gracefull/Forcefull shutdown/restart
New Features of the WSO2 ESB 2.1.0
- This ESB release is based on Carbon "Middleware a' la carte" which is an OSGi based SOA platform version 2.0 by WSO2 Inc.
- Rule based mediation via Drools
- Fine grained autherization for services via the Entitlement mediator
- Reliable-Messaging specification 1.1 support
- Enhanced WS-Eventing support and Event Sources making it an even broker
- Enhanced AJAX based sequence, endpoint and proxy service editors
- Enhanced transport configuration management through the graphical console
- Enhanced integrated registry and search functionalities with versionning, notifications, rating of resources, and commenting
- Enhanced remote registry support
- Default persistence to the registry for the configuration elements
- Enhanced permission model with the user management
- Enhanced REST/GET and other HTTP method support
- P2 based OSGi feature support, for optional features like service management, runtime governance and so on..
How You Can Contribute
Join our mailing list and correspond with the developers directly.
- Developer List : email@example.com | Subscribe | Mail Archive
- User List : firstname.lastname@example.org | Subscribe | Mail Archive
WSO2 encourages you to report issues and your enhancement requests for the WSO2 ESB using the public JIRA.
You can also watch how they are resolved, and comment on the progress..
Alternatively, questions could be raised using the forums available.
WSO2 ESB Forum : Discussion forum for WSO2 ESB developers/users
WSO2 Inc. offers a variety of professional Training Programs, including training on general Web services as well as WSO2 ESB, Apache Synapse, Apache Axis2 and number of other products.
For additional support information please refer to http://wso2.com/training/course-catalog/
WSO2 Inc. offers a variety of development and production support programs, ranging from Web-based support up through normal business hours, to premium 24x7 phone support.
For additional support information please refer to http://wso2.com/support/
For more information on WSO2 ESB, visit the WSO2 Oxygen Tank (http://wso2.org)
We welcome your feedback on this implementation. Thank you for your interest in WSO2 ESB.
-- The WSO2 ESB Team --