The WSO2 Complex Event Processing Server (CEP) 1.0.2 Released!
26 October 2011
The WSO2 CEP team is pleased to announce the release of version 1.0.2 of the Open Source Complex Event Processing Server (CEP).
WSO2 Complex Event Processing Server (WSO2 CEP) is to be your Complex Event Processing System. Our ultimate goal is to provide you with the suitable capability of defining , filtering and triggering events according to your organization's decisions
CEP 1.0.2 supports analyzing input events and triggering new events according to the rules defined by your organization.
WSO2 CEP 1.0.2 is developed on top of the revolutionary Carbon platform , and is based on the OSGi framework to achieve the better modularity for your Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). This also contains a lots of new features and many other optional components to customize the behavior of the server. Further, if you do not want any of the built in features, you can uninstall those features without any trouble. In other words, CEP can be customized to your SOA needs.
How to Run
- Extract the downloaded zip
- Go to the bin directory in the extracted folder
- Run the wso2server.sh or wso2server.bat as appropriate
- Point your browser to the URL https://localhost:9443/carbon
- Use "admin", "admin" as the username and password to login as an admin and create a user account
- Assign the required permissions to the user through a role
- If you need to start the OSGi console with the server use the property -DosgiConsole when starting the server. The INSTALL.txt file found on the installation directory will give you a comprehensive set of options and properties that can be passed into the startup script
Key Features of WSO2 CEP 1.0.2
- Bring CEP to SOA by processing XML events and produce results as XML events
- Ability to define different event streams, queries and out put streams and store them in the registry as a bucket
- Support EsperTM and fusion back end runtimes
- Ability to filter data from the XML event using xpath and format the result as an XML event
- Support different types of brokers WS-Event, JMS to receive publish events
- Define and store such different broker configurations
- Administrative Console to create bucks, add subscriptions etc..
- Ability to specify CEP queries inline or pick from the registry
How You Can Contribute
Join our mailing list and correspond with the developers directly.
- Developer List : firstname.lastname@example.org | Subscribe | Mail Archive
- User List : email@example.com | Subscribe | Mail Archive
WSO2 encourages you to report issues and your enhancement requests for the WSO2 CEP using the public JIRA.
You can also watch how they are resolved, and comment on the progress..
WSO2 Inc. offers a variety of development and production support programs, ranging from Web-based support up through normal business hours, to premium 24x7 phone support.
For additional support information please refer to http://wso2.com/support/
For more information on WSO2 CEP, visit the WSO2 Oxygen Tank (http://wso2.org)
We welcome your feedback on this implementation. Thank you for your interest in WSO2 CEP.
-- The WSO2 CEP Team --
EsperTM is a registered trademark of EsperTech.